Coordinator of Neonatology
Medical degree: 1979, Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland/ National University of Ireland.
Cand. med: 1979: Medical Faculty, UiO.
Spanish License: 1990: Licenciado en Medicina y Cirugia, Ministerio de Educacion y Ciencia, Madrid.
Specialist: 1987: Pediatric
Subspecialist 1993: Neonatology.
Dr.med / PhD: 1992: Faculty of Medicine, University of Oslo, UiO
Professor: 1990-94: Faculty of Medicine, Autonoma University, Madrid
Professor: 2010: Faculty of Medicine, UiO
Senior consultant 1994: Neonatal department, Oslo University Hospital, Oslo , Norway
- Norwegian Medical Association
- Norwegian Pediatric Association
- Norwegian Perinatal Association
- Spanish Association in Neonatology
- European Society for Pediatric Research- ESPR
- European Academy of Pediatrics
- Council member of the European Society for Pediatric Research; (ESPR); 1998 – 2001
- General Secretary ESPR ; 2001-2005
- President – ESPR; 2005-2008.
- Council of EuroNet ( European Neonatal Network) from 2002 →
- ESPR delegate at CESP (Confederation of European Subspecialties, EU)/EAP; 2000 -2008
- Chair of the Scientific Committee , European Academy of Paediatric Societies , Barcelona; 2006
- Member of the organizing Committee, European Academy of Paediatric Societies , Barcelona; 2006
- Chair of the Scientific Committee , European Academy of Paediatric Societies, Nice; 2008
- Chair of the Organizing Committee , European Academy of Paediatric Societies, Barcelona 2014
- Norwegian delegate at CESP/EAP; from 2007-
- Board member, the International Pediatric Research Foundation (IPRF), from 2008-2012
- Vice-President of the EAP/UEMS 2011-2013
- President of the EAP/UEMS